weird behaviour: pygame plays in shell but not in script

Chris Angelico rosuav at gmail.com
Tue Apr 3 07:17:00 EDT 2012

On Thu, Mar 29, 2012 at 11:41 PM, Mik <mikprog at gmail.com> wrote:

> I can't believe I am so dumb!
>
> after sound.play() the script was terminating!!!!
> I didn't notice that 'play()' actually returns...
>
> What a nice way to introduce myself to the group!!! :-)
>
> sorry for bothering you guys :-)

You've just proven one of the great benefits of asking a question: you
suddenly discover the answer for yourself. It's arguable whether it's
primarily caused by the action of coalescing your question into text,
or some outworking of Murphy's Law, but both are involved.

Welcome to the party. There's some trolls over there *gestures to the
corner* and some smart guys over there *gestures to the other corner*
and a few snakes and comedians around *gestures to the random pythons
and Pythons and Pythons and pythons* and don't forget the lurkers
lurking around. Enjoy yourself, learn something, educate someone!

Chris Angelico