Python randomly exits with Linux OS error -9 or -15

Janis janis.viksne at gmail.com
Mon Apr 9 15:02:09 EDT 2012

Thank you all for the help! I will need to think a bit about the other
suggestions.

But, Alan, as to this:

> > How do you get -9 and -15? Exit status is supposed to be between 0 and
> > 127.

I have the following code that has caught these:

p = subprocess.Popen([Config.PYTHON_EXE,'Load.py',"%s" % (row[1],)],
bufsize=0, executable=None, stdin=None, stdout=None,
stderr=subprocess.PIPE, preexec_fn=None, close_fds=False, shell=False,
cwd='../Loader/')
stdout, stderr = p.communicate()
if p.returncode != 0:

So you say it's SIGKILL and SIGTERM? Then I guess these could be
misleading statuses from those cases when I have terminated the
sessions myself, and when there is the real problem apparently the
caller detected nothing here. SIGKILL and SIGTERM would probably also
explain why there was nothing in stderr.

Thanks,
Janis
P.S. the problem seems to occure also when I call the process directly
and not via Popen from another script.