red-black tree data structure

Jabba Laci jabba.laci at gmail.com
Wed Apr 11 14:23:34 EDT 2012

Hi,

Thanks for the answer. I copy the solution here:

According to wikipedia: "The original structure was invented in 1972
by Rudolf Bayer and named "symmetric binary B-tree," but acquired its
modern name in a paper in 1978 by Leonidas J. Guibas and Robert
Sedgewick."

Answer from Professor Guidas:

"    from Leonidas Guibas guibas at cs.stanford.edu to of the "Red-Black"
term mailed-by cs.stanford.edu hide details 16:16 (0 minutes ago)

    we had red and black pens for drawing the trees."

Laszlo