pygame: output to file?

Temia Eszteri lamialily at cleverpun.com
Tue Apr 17 05:30:24 EDT 2012

Oh, forgot to mention some things. Also poorly phrased other things.
Let me try that again.

>* ImageMagick (http://www.imagemagick.org/) as Ian suggested - the
>ctypes binding I found for this was too immature to use, and the other
>option will require compiling,

The 'other option' I meant here was a different Python binding,
PythonMagick. In comparison, the ctypes-based binding is called
PythonMagickWand.

Failing that, both this and GraphicsMagick can be manipulated through
shell libraries, but I haven't done anything like that yet so I'd be
going in blind and hoping for the best. (I make no claim to be an
expert or that I ever was or will be one - I'm just starting out and
helping where I can)

>* or a module I found on Google Code that greatly extends from PIL's
>meager GIF-handling abilities, images2gif
>(http://code.google.com/p/visvis/source/browse/vvmovie/images2gif.py).

While you said you preferred animated GIFs in your opening message,
the visvis project at Google code (behind images2gif) also has
images2avi, which could possibly be used with conversion software down
the line to output to a different container and codec if you wanted to
go with the video stream.

Once again, let me know what you think. As for the other
comp.lang.python folks, please tell me if I'm overlooking something
that'll throw a spanner in the works.

~Temia
--
When on earth, do as the earthlings do.