why () is () and [] is [] work in other way?

Devin Jeanpierre jeanpierreda at gmail.com
Mon Apr 23 00:52:33 EDT 2012

On Mon, Apr 23, 2012 at 12:42 AM, Devin Jeanpierre
<jeanpierreda at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Apr 23, 2012 at 12:34 AM, Steven D'Aprano
>> "is" is never ill-defined. "is" always, without exception, returns True
>> if the two operands are the same object, and False if they are not. This
>> is literally the simplest operator in Python.

Oh, I see, is is well-defined but tuple/number creation is
ill-defined. Well, fine. That's reasonable. Just don't call someone a
troll if they mess up the distinction. (I thought it was implicit that
he meant "where a is b" is ill-defined, sorta read too quickly because
I was a bit mad that two people misinterpreted.).

Derp.
-- Devin