why () is () and [] is [] work in other way?

Devin Jeanpierre jeanpierreda at gmail.com
Tue Apr 24 01:38:35 EDT 2012

On Tue, Apr 24, 2012 at 12:12 AM, Terry Reedy <tjreedy at udel.edu> wrote:
>> and you're trying to dodge around that. :/
>
> In a previous post you chided Stephen for an ad hominem comment. Above you
> make two. Both are false.

I accused you of not answering the question or shifting goalposts.
This is an attack against your response, not an attack against you
("ad hominem" literally means "to the person").

Also, I definitely tried to lighten that one up with a classy
emoticon. It's totally not fair that you're scoring points off it.

> Anyway, I think I am done with this thread.

... Good idea.

We clearly understand Python's behavior. I just spent the whole time
bickering about definitions. Ugh. I'm an idiot. Sorry for the trouble.

-- Devin

(P.S. can we all start saying "muppet" next?)