Newbie python questions...

Andrew Berg bahamutzero8825 at gmail.com
Sat Apr 14 15:13:30 EDT 2012

On 4/14/2012 1:25 PM, vmars316 wrote:
> I installed portablePython(pP) here:
> C:\Users\vmars\Python3
>  ?Does that look ok?
I would suggest including the minor version number (i.e. Python32
instead of Python3) because not all 3.x code is compatible with all
versions of Python 3.x - all code that works on 3.2 will work on 3.3,
but not vice versa.
> 2)
> I would like to try pyWin, but it won't let me install
> because there is no pP3.2 in registry.
>  ? How can I update the Registry for Python3.2 ?
You miss the point of portable Python. If you want to have entries in
the registry, use the standard installer from python.org.
> 3) When ever I cllick on *.py file,
> it runs by so fast that I can't see what's going on.
Run it from a terminal. There are plenty of guides out there on how to
use a command line.
>  ?Is there a way to keep the pyconsole open 'til i decide to close
> it?
In interactive mode (i.e., when you open python.exe and when not called
by a script), the interpreter doesn't close until you execute the exit()
function. Also, see the previous answer.
> 4)
> I can't seem to get turtleDemo running.
> ?Can anyone step me thru this?
Be more specific.

BTW, there is a tutorial that covers the basics:
http://docs.python.org/py3k/tutorial/index.html

--
CPython 3.2.2 | Windows NT 6.1.7601.17640