Trying to make a basic Python score counter in a game... will not count.

Mitya Sirenef msirenef at lightbird.net
Sun Dec 16 19:07:16 CET 2012

On 12/16/2012 12:00 PM, Darrien Glasser wrote:
> Hey guys, I'm working on a  Python rock paper scissors (lizard spock) game, and the beginning is
complete. After I finished it, I thought, "You know what? I think I can
make this even better, and add a score counter." And so I did.

 > The problem is that it doesn't seem to actually keep track of score.
In fact it always keeps the score at 0 for both players. It's fully
functional otherwise, but it's bothering me that I can't get it to work.

 > Currently using Windows Python 32 bit v2.6.8
 >
 > Download of the code here:
 >
 > https://www.box.com/s/2lupxeyk5jvsxs0zkdfb
 >
 > Copy of the code here:
 >
 > http://pastebin.com/MNdgiuSY
 >
 > Thanks in advance for your help...

I was actually thinking of making a simple rock paper scissors game so I
went ahead and cobbled it together, using a design with a class and
generally a structured approach.. It keeps the scores, too, and you can
set both players to be AI, or one to be AI, or both to be humans:

https://github.com/pythonbyexample/PBE/blob/master/code/rockpaper.py

(it needs python3 but can be easily changed to work with python2.x)

  - mitya