Script randomly exits for seemingly no reason with strange traceback

Andrew Berg bahamutzero8825 at gmail.com
Fri Feb 3 15:14:57 EST 2012

It's a rare occurrence, but sometimes my script will terminate and I get
this:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "C:\path\to\script\script.py", line 992, in <module>

That's it. And the line number is always the last line of the file
(which in my case is a blank line). I have not seen this on Linux (where
my script can run for days or weeks on a remote server), but only on
Windows where I do most of my testing (and it typically only runs for
minutes at a time). There may be bugs in my program, but I don't see how
Python should ever print a traceback like this.
--
CPython 3.2.2 | Windows NT 6.1.7601.17640