How to make PyDev pep8 friendly?

Ali Zandi azandi at adconion.com
Wed Feb 8 19:15:03 EST 2012

Hi,

I was trying to find a way to configure PyDev e.g. in Eclipse to be
pep8 friendly.

There are a few configurations like right trim lines, use space after
commas, use space before and after operators, add new line at the end
of file which can be configured via Eclipse -> Window -> Preferences -
> PyDev -> Editor -> Code Style -> Code Formatter. But these are not
enough; for example I couldn't find a way to configure double line
spacing between function definitions.

So is there any way to configure eclipse or PyDev to apply pep8 rules
e.g. on each save?

Thanks,