standalone python web server

Rita rmorgan466 at gmail.com
Wed Feb 8 23:01:08 EST 2012

I am building a small intranet website and I would like to use Python. I
was wondering if there was a easy and medium performance python based web
server available. I would like to run it on port :8080 since I wont have
root access also I prefer something easy to deploy meaning I would like to
move the server from one physical host to another without too much fuss.

Currently, I am using flask (development server) and everything is ok but
the performance is really bad.