Python usage numbers

Andrew Berg bahamutzero8825 at gmail.com
Sat Feb 11 16:51:49 EST 2012

On 2/11/2012 3:02 PM, Eric Snow wrote:
> I'm thinking about this partly because of the discussion on
> python-ideas about the perceived challenges of Unicode in Python 3.

> For instance, if frameworks (like django and numpy) could completely
> hide the arguable challenges of Unicode in Python 3--and most projects
> were built on top of frameworks--then general efforts for making
> Unicode easier in Python 3 should go toward helping framework writers.
Huh? I'll admit I'm a novice, but isn't Unicode mostly trivial in py3k
compared to 2.x? Or are you referring to porting 2.x to 3.x? I've been
under the impression that Unicode in 2.x can be painful at times, but
easy in 3.x.
I've been using 3.2 and Unicode hasn't been much of an issue.
--
CPython 3.2.2 | Windows NT 6.1.7601.17640