OT: Entitlements [was Re: Python usage numbers]

Rick Johnson rantingrickjohnson at gmail.com
Mon Feb 13 20:07:35 EST 2012

On Feb 13, 6:19 pm, Steven D'Aprano <steve
+comp.lang.pyt... at pearwood.info> wrote:

> Your faith in the magic of "immune system" is touching, but one wonders
> how "immune system" will save people who have been hit by a car.

Why do you assume that someone hit by a car is a victim? This mindset
is why you (and others like you) cannot understand the REAL problem we
face. The problem that is destroying the world as we speak.

What if you where driving the car and someone ran out from behind a
large truck? (that's called "jaywalking" BTW!) What if you had no time
to stop? Who's to blame: the driver or the rebel pedestrian? Streets
are no place for walking, and sidewalks no place for driving.

Q: But what if the pedestrian had right-of-way?