name of a sorting algorithm

Mel Wilson mwilson at the-wire.com
Tue Feb 14 12:04:10 EST 2012

Den wrote:

> I disagree.  In a bubble sort, one pointer points to the top element,
> while another descents through all the other elements, swapping the
> elements at the pointers when necessary.

'When I use a word,' Humpty Dumpty said, in rather a scornful tone, 'it
means just what I choose it to mean — neither more nor less.' (_Through the
Looking Glass, Lewis Caroll).  And you, too, have that ability.
Contrariwise see Knuth, _The Art of Computer Programming_ Section 5.2.2,
Algorithm B.

	Mel.