Wanted: Criticism of code for a Python module, plus a Mac tester

HoneyMonster someone at someplace.invalid
Wed Feb 15 18:33:26 EST 2012

I am quite new to Python (running Python 2.7 on Linux).

I have written a very small and simple dealing module for the game of
Bridge. For those unfamiliar with the game, the idea is to deal each of 4
players a hand of 13 cards from a pack of 52, and to display it thus (use
a fixed pitch font):

Board 1
Neither vulnerable
Dealer North

        K98432
        T7
        2
        AQT2

T               AQJ
KJ854           9632
KQ973           T854
85              74

        765
        AQ
        AJ6
        KJ963

Firstly, is there anyone here who uses Python on a Mac and would be
prepared to test it? I have tested it on Linux and Windows, but don't
have access to a Mac.

Secondly, as a more general point I would welcome comments on code
quality, adherence to standards and so forth. The code is at:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/6106778/bridgedeal.py

Thanks.