[semi OT]: Smartphones and Python?

88888 Dihedral dihedral88888 at googlemail.com
Fri Feb 17 00:25:55 EST 2012

在 2012年2月16日星期四UTC+8下午11时22分44秒,Michael Torrie写道:
> On 02/16/2012 07:53 AM, 88888 Dihedral wrote:
> > The law suites of JAVA Vitrtual Machine from Oracle
> > are famous now. But in 201X the JVM patents will be
> > expired, thus it is not very urgent to chunk out a new jython now. Anyway just write codes that can be maintained and  ported to other languages and platforms
> > easily.
>
> Umm what does this have to do with anything?
>
> You claimed Jython is or will be available on Android. It's not and
> Jython isn't being ported to Dalvik and it has nothing to do with
> patents.  Android might use java a language, but the virtual machines
> are very different.  And no expired patents are going to change that
> fact.  Android simply isn't going to run the JVM anytime soon.

Android is a customized linux OS used in mobile phones.
I don't think any linux systm has to be locked by JAVA or any JVM to run applications.

The memory systems in mobile phones are different from
PCs. This is the current situation in the consumer
electronics sector.