OT: Entitlements [was Re: Python usage numbers]

Rick Johnson rantingrickjohnson at gmail.com
Sat Feb 18 02:13:37 CET 2012


On Mon, Feb 13, 2012 at 7:23 PM, Ian Kelly <ian.g.kelly at gmail.com>
wrote:
> On Mon, Feb 13, 2012 at 2:01 PM, Rick Johnson
> I make a middle-class income and do not feel that I am anywhere near
> being "enslaved" by my income taxes, which amount to less than 10% of
> my gross income after deductions and credits.

Ten percent?!?! You pay less income tax by percentage than most rich
folks, including Mitt Romney! I envy you since you must be one of the
lucky folks who ONLY pay income tax. I guess you never purchase
ANYTHING or live under the tyranny of local jurisdictions ON TOP of
the federal jurisdiction?

Here is a list of taxes most everyone else will encounter:

    Accounts Receivable Tax
    Building Permit Tax
    Capital Gains Tax
    CDL license Tax
    Cigarette Tax
    Corporate Income Tax
    Court Fines (indirect taxes)
    Deficit spending
    Dog License Tax
    Federal Income Tax
    Federal Unemployment Tax (FUTA)
    Fishing License Tax
    Food License Tax
    Fuel permit tax
    Gasoline Tax
    Gift Tax
    Hunting License Tax
    Inflation
    Inheritance Tax Interest expense (tax on the money)
    Inventory tax IRS Interest Charges (tax on top of tax)
    IRS Penalties (tax on top of tax)
    Liquor Tax
    Local Income Tax
    Luxury Taxes
    Marriage License Tax
    Medicare Tax
    Property Tax
    Real Estate Tax
    Septic Permit Tax
    Service Charge Taxes
    Social Security Tax
    Road Usage Taxes (Truckers)
    Sales Taxes
    Recreational Vehicle Tax
    Road Toll Booth Taxes
    School Tax
    State Income Tax
    State Unemployment Tax (SUTA)
    Telephone federal excise tax
    Telephone federal universal service fee tax
    Telephone federal, state and local surcharge taxes
    Telephone minimum usage surcharge tax
    Telephone recurring and non-recurring charges tax
    Telephone state and local tax
    Telephone usage charge tax
    Toll Bridge Taxes
    Toll Tunnel Taxes
    Traffic Fines (indirect taxation)
    Trailer Registration Tax
    Utility Taxes
    Vehicle License Registration Tax
    Vehicle Sales Tax
    Watercraft Registration Tax
    Well Permit Tax
    Workers Compensation Tax

... and don't forget for declare those pennys on your eyes!


> Heck, there are poorer
> people than I who voluntarily donate that much to religious
> organizations on top of their taxes.

Again, lucky you! MOST middle class people pay 30-50% of their income
in taxes!

> Say what you want about the income tax system, but at least net income
> still basically increases monotonically.  If you make more gross than
> me, chances are that you're going to make more net than me as well.

So you support a flat tax system? A system where everybody pays the
same percentage?

Actually i think 10% income tax is a fair amount although i believe
taxing income silly. If the government cannot provide national
security, domestic security, and LIMITED infratructure on 10% of what
we make, they are wasting too much of OUR money.

> > HOWEVER, healthcare is not a concern of the greater society, but only
> > the individual -- with the exception of contagious disease of course,
> > which effects us all!
>
> I disagree, and here's why.  Let's say I'm a billionaire, and I'm
> diagnosed with cancer.  Do you think I can just round up a bunch of
> scientists and tell them "Here's a billion dollars.  Now go find a
> cure my cancer"?  Of course not, it doesn't work that way.  If the
> necessary research hasn't already been done, then it's unlikely that
> it will be finished in the few years or months that I have before the
> cancer kills me, no matter how much of my own money I throw at it.

I agree that keeping R&D "alive" is very important for our collective
advancement. I do not fear technology like some people. Futhermore, i
don't have any problem funding R&D for ANY of the sciences, beit
medical or otherwise. But let me assure you, under a private
healthcare system (psst: the kind where people pay they own way!)
there will ALWAYS be enough people to keep R&D alive. Besides, the
degenerates are only seeking care for self induced heath issues.

> Real medical research is primarily driven by medical treatment.

Yes, but that does not mean we should hand degenerates a meal ticket.

> -- if I
> as a wealthy private investor am going to invest in such a highly
> speculative and risky venture as drug research, I will be more willing
> to invest a large sum of money if the potential recipients (i.e.
> consumers) number in the hundreds of thousands, not just the few
> thousand who will be able to pay for the drug out of pocket.
> Likewise, much of the money the drug companies make off of sales goes
> back into research so that they can be ready with a newer, better drug
> by the time their patents expire.
>
> Distributing health care coverage expands the market for treatments
> and so allows the state of the art to advance faster.  Yes, with
> socialized health care, some of our tax money goes into that pool, and
> a lot of that tax money just ends up as profits in the hands of
> wealthy shareholders.  The other side of that coin, though, is that if
> we ever find ourselves in the position that we need those treatments
> ourselves, the medical state of the art will be that much better for
> it.

And if you can afford the care great, if not, you'd better buy an
insurance policy.

You know, people love to whine about how privatized healthcare is so
unfair to the degenerates. What about the doctors? Would you expect a
doctor to work for free? Remeber, doctors spend a decade or more in
college and rack up HUGE debts to pay for their education. You don't
mind stealing from taxpayers to fund degenerates, but it's the same as
stealing from doctors. Observe:

Doctor: "Okay, your diease is cured. You have a clean bill of heath!
Your bill is $500,000"
Patient: "Thanks doc, but it seems i am little light. Can i just pay
you $20.00 and we call it even?"
Doctor: "What? I just saved your life. I spent the last three months
caring for you. Using expensive medical equipment and years of
laboratory research. Do you know how many lab rats and monkeys died a
horrible death so that you can live? How can I do all that for
$20.00?"

Of course you would not, because you'd have to look the doctor in the
eye whilst robbing him. On the other hand, with tax payer subsidized
healthcare (AKA: Public Heathcare), you don't have to look anyone in
the eye. The victim of your plunder is just some random taxpayer
footing your bills!

People, THERE IS NO FREE LUNCH! Every product that is made and every
service rendered was a result of someone's hard labor. Sleep on that
you degenerates!

Hypocrisy! It's no different than the idiots who whine for the fair
treatment of fluffy mammals but them declare chemical warfare on
insects and reptiles. To them ONLY fluffy mammals deserve fair
treatment because they are so cuddly (and cute BTW) PUKE!.

But you want to know the REAL reason? It's because mammals return love
and reptiles and insects don't. It's because people are selfish. If
another being will no reciprocate their love, then they murder that
being with extreme prejudice, and not feel one bit guilty about it! Do
you understand how backward you are? Do you understand how selfish and
immoral you are? Do you understand how incredibly dense you are?
Because of people like YOU, we don't deserve the right to evolve!

> But beyond that, I also think that we as a society have an ethical
> commitment to help one another out when we find ourselves in trouble,
> because that's what a civilized society is.

I agree totally. Let say an innocent is shot in the course of a
robbery. I would not mind my tax dollars going towards the victims
medical care IF he could not afford the care himself. Even if he was a
degenerate.

On the other hand, if some lame-brain decided to climb MT. Everest and
got stuck on top with frost-bite... TOO BAD! Same goes for dummies who
develop lung caner from somking... TOO BAD! Or cirrhosis of the liver
from one too many "adult beverages"... TOO BAD! Or diabetes from
eating too many candy bars and/or drinking too many sodas... TOO BAD,
TOO BAD, TOO BAD!!!

I am tired of the whines and laments of vermin, almost as much as i am
tired of the silence of the moral majority! It's time to put
degenerates in their place!



More information about the Python-list mailing list