xlwt 0.7.3 released!

Chris Withers chris at simplistix.co.uk
Tue Feb 21 04:18:16 EST 2012

Hi All,

I'm pleased to announce the release of xlwt 0.7.3. This release is long
overdue and has been over 2.5 years in the making!

The highlights:

- Added user_set and best_fit attributes to Column class.

- Fixed an "[Errno 0] Error" raised when Worksheet.flush_row_data() was
called after Workbook.save()

- Fixed an error on Windows that occurred when writing large blocks to
files.

- Added the ability to write rich text cells

- Fixed a bug when writing MULBLANK records on big-endian platforms.

- allow the active_pane on worksheets to be specified

- added support for zoom (magn) factors and improved possibilities when
generating split panes

For a full list of the changes, please see the svn log:

https://secure.simplistix.co.uk/svn/xlwt/trunk

I've currently only put up .tar.gz sdists, if anyone requires anything
else, please explain why and I'll be happy to add!

cheers,

Chris

             - http://www.simplistix.co.uk