xlrd 0.7.2 released!
chris at simplistix.co.uk
Tue Feb 21 10:17:13 CET 2012
I'm pleased to announce the release of xlrd 0.7.2. This release, like
the xlwt release, is long overdue and has been over 2.5 years in the making!
- All messaging and debug logging is now written to the logfile provided
- Tolerant handling of file with non-standard compound document header
- Tolerant handling of files with extra zero bytes at end of NUMBER record
- Handle mostly-BIFF8 file with BIFF5-7 WINDOWS2 record
- Handle dodgy version 2.x .xls files.
- Added support for HYPERLINK extraction
- Added access to cell notes/comments.
- Enable reading files created by pyXLWriter -- puts BIFF8 MERGEDCELLS
record in a BIFF5 file.
- Fixed a file-locking issue on Windows when an exception was raised in
open_workbook() and on_demand was True
- Book objects are now context managers
- Rich text formatting information is now extracted
- Page breaks information is now extracted
- Some improvements in zoom factor handling
- PANE records are now processed
- Some memory and performance enhancements
For a full list of the changes, please see the svn log:
I've currently only put up .tar.gz sdists, if anyone requires anything
else, please explain why and I'll be happy to add!
Simplistix - Content Management, Batch Processing & Python Consulting
More information about the Python-list