generate Windows exe on Linux

Stefan Behnel stefan_ml at behnel.de
Wed Feb 22 17:43:23 EST 2012

Gelonida N, 22.02.2012 23:25:
> On 02/22/2012 07:05 PM, Alec Taylor wrote:
>> http://www.pyinstaller.org/
>>
>> or
>>
>> http://cx-freeze.sourceforge.net/
>>
>> You can also run py2exe in WINE
>>

> You want to say, that I could install python 2.6
> some packages like win32api
> PyQt and tand py2exe under Wine and then compile it.
>

> Did you try this?
>
> I didn't even think about trying this out,
> but I know very little about the limits of Wine, so perhaps I
> underestimate it.

The compliance requirements for software build tools tend to be rather easy
to meet, so Wine shouldn't have any real problems there.

Having said that, Wine is actually surprisingly capable these days. It
won't always run the latest release of our all-time favourite WYGIWYD
character pushing or number layouting programs from MS-Office fame, but at
least older versions of many a program tend to work rather nicely.

Stefan