Please verify!!

Mark Lawrence breamoreboy at yahoo.co.uk
Fri Feb 24 19:49:50 EST 2012

On 24/02/2012 20:41, Chris Angelico wrote:
> On Fri, Feb 24, 2012 at 11:20 PM, Steven D'Aprano
> <steve+comp.lang.python at pearwood.info>  wrote:
>> Personally, I prefer tabs for theoretical reasons and spaces for
>> practical ones. I think that the world would be better off if we all
>> standardised on tabs instead of spaces, but since that's not going to
>> happen, I can interoperate better with the mass of broken tools out
>> there, and with other people, by using spaces.
>>

> At work, since we have a fairly small core of developers, we
> standardized on tabs - mainly because of a couple of devs who
> disagreed on how much indentation looked right (I'm of the opinion
> that 1 space is insufficient), and having tab characters in the file
> allows us to configure our editors differently. I'm definitely in
> favour of using tabs where possible, but if you can't close your
> environment, spaces are far safer.
>
> ChrisA

Oo, thou sinner, fancy violating PEP 8 and standardising on tabs.

OTOH if that's your standard and you stick to it fine.

What I can't stand is the "I've always done it this way an I ain't movin
jus cos sum standard says so" attitude.

Yes I have seen this in real life and the person responsible should be
sacked.

--
Cheers.

Mark Lawrence.