OT: Entitlements [was Re: Python usage numbers]

Rick Johnson rantingrickjohnson at gmail.com
Sun Feb 26 15:35:40 EST 2012

On Feb 26, 6:44 am, Albert van der Horst <alb... at spenarnc.xs4all.nl>
wrote:
> I don't blame them for the attitude of "live to fight another day"
> or even for plain survival. If the Jews hadn't allow themselves
> to be subjected, there would be no Jews.

And may i borrow your time machine now that you are finished
researching what "may have happened" to the Jews had they adopted the
"live free or die" mentality? I always wondered what it would feel
like to be god.

> >Slaves only exist because they allow themselves to exist. When people
>
> Never been a slave, were you? Try to imagine what it is to be
> born a slave.

Don't try to cast me as siding with the slave-master. I detest them as
much as anyone. But my point is still valid; empower the people and
subjection is a thing of the past.

Bullying is a microcosm of slavery. You could take two distinct
defensive methods to fighting bullies:

 1. you could fight each bully on a case by case bases.
 2. you could empower people to fight bullies as a united group.

Method one will always fail. Sure, you may defeat the bully that
exists today, but tomorrow a new bully will be born.

Whereas method 2 will always prevail. Bullies need to exist in the
shadows, behind a veil of secrecy and fear. Remove the veil and they
will be exposed. Adopt a public policy that bullying will NOT be
allowed and the perp WILL be punished, and bulling disappears
forever.

History has shown that mob behavior can be both detrimentally sadistic
AND masochistic.