Need to write python source with python

crstop at gmail.com crstop at gmail.com
Tue Feb 28 12:36:24 EST 2012

Hi All,

I'm new to Python but have experience with a few other programming languages(Java, Perl, JavaScript).

I'm using Python 2.7.2 and I'm trying to create and write to a file (.py) a python class and functions from python. I will also need to later read and edit the file. I realize I could just write strings using the available string and file writing methods but suspect there is a better way than that.

I have read about pickle, ast, and Django; searched this group and the web but haven't found a solution that seems to fit. Any suggestion?