Listing children processes

Dave Angel d at davea.name
Tue Feb 28 19:03:05 EST 2012

On 02/28/2012 06:41 PM, Mark Lawrence wrote:
> On 28/02/2012 21:47, Arnaud Delobelle wrote:
>> Please don't top-post!  Also, psutil.Process.get_children() looks to
>> me like it "does" children.
>>

> You are incorrect.  I've been told of by the BDFL for stating that
> people should not top post on any Python mailing list/news group.

What does the BDFL have to do with the usefulness of psutil?

I'm not likely to download it, but here's a ref from the docs:

<http://code.google.com/p/psutil/wiki/Documentation>http://code.google.com/p/psutil/wiki/Documentation

get_open_files()
Return files opened by process as a list of namedtuples including file
absolute path name and file descriptor. Example:
 >>> import psutil, os
 >>> f = open('file.ext', 'w')
 >>> p = psutil.Process(os.getpid())
 >>> p.get_open_files()
[openfile(path='/home/giampaolo/svn/psutil/file.ext', fd=3)]

--

DaveA