Listing children processes

Ben Finney ben+python at benfinney.id.au
Wed Feb 29 00:12:41 EST 2012

Mark Lawrence <breamoreboy at yahoo.co.uk> writes:

> On 29/02/2012 00:16, Steven D'Aprano wrote:
> > On Tue, 28 Feb 2012 23:41:16 +0000, Mark Lawrence wrote:
> >> I've been told of by the BDFL for stating that people should not
> >> top post on any Python mailing list/news group.
> >
> > He's the BDFL of Python, not of mailing list etiquette.
>
> Incorrect

What Steven says is correct: the BDFL of Python has no special authority
over mailing list etiquette.

> I was told off for this

No-one's saying you weren't told off. We're saying that there's no point
invoking the BDFL when it comes to mailing list etiquette, as he has no
special authority on that.

> Please don't bother apologising

I doubt anyone feels compelled to apologise to you for this.

--
 \       “In the long run nothing can withstand reason and experience, |
  `\    and the contradiction which religion offers to both is all too |