New Science Discovery: Perl Detracters Remain Idiots After A Decade!

Shmuel Metz (Seymour J.) spamtrap at library.lspace.org.invalid
Wed Feb 29 23:06:42 EST 2012

In <ubo3r.20367$kv1.9848 at newsfe03.iad>, on 02/29/2012
   at 11:43 AM, Chiron <chiron613 at gmail.com> said:

>Sure, mathematically it *should* go a particular way,

No. Mathematically it should go the way that it is defined to go.
There is nothing in Mathematics that either requires or prohibits
infix notation in programming languages, or even in Mathematical
notation.

>it makes sense to keep things as clear as possible.

Often infix notation with well thought out precedence is the clearest
way to go. RPN and the like have their place, but often are difficult
for real people to read.

--
Shmuel (Seymour J.) Metz, SysProg and JOAT  <http://patriot.net/~shmuel>

Unsolicited bulk E-mail subject to legal action.  I reserve the
right to publicly post or ridicule any abusive E-mail.  Reply to
domain Patriot dot net user shmuel+news to contact me.  Do not
reply to spamtrap at library.lspace.org