Fabric Engine + Python benchmarks

Paul Rubin no.email at nospam.invalid
Fri Feb 10 17:52:34 EST 2012

Fabric Paul <technovegas at gmail.com> writes:
> Hi Stefan - Thanks for the heads up. Fabric Engine has been going for
> about 2 years now. Registered company etc. I'll be sure to refer to it
> as Fabric Engine so there's no confusion. We were unaware there was a
> python tool called Fabric.

There will still be confusion.  The Fabric configuration tool is quite
well known in the python and sysadmin communities, so it will be the
first thing people will think of.  If you weren't already aware of it,
I'd guess you're pretty far out of contact with Python's existing user
population, so there may be further sources of mismatch between your
product and what else is out there (I'm thinking of Stackless, PyPy,
etc.)  Still, yoour product sounds pretty cool.