Strange Behavior on Python 3 Windows Command Line

Waylan Limberg waylan at gmail.com
Mon Feb 13 15:47:36 EST 2012

On Mon, Feb 13, 2012 at 3:16 PM, Arnaud Delobelle <arnodel at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Strangely it was working fine the other day. Then while debugging a
>> script it suddenly started do this and now does this for every script
>
> How were you debugging?

I think I may have been attempting to use pipes to redirect stdin
and/or stdout when the problem first presented itself.  Unfortunately,
once I closed the window, I lost whatever pipe combination I had
tried.

It just occurred to me that I was unsure if I had been doing that pipe
correctly, and that maybe I overwrote python.exe. Sure enough, the
modify date on that file indicated I overwrote it. A re-install has
resolved the problem.

It's just a little embarrassing that I didn't think of that until now,
but the fact that everything else seems to work was throwing me off.
Of course, everything else was running `pythonw.exe` not `python.exe`.

Anyway, thanks for the pointer Arnaud.

--
----