[RELEASED] Release candidates for Python 2.6.8, 2.7.3, 3.1.5, and 3.2.3

Ben Finney ben+python at benfinney.id.au
Sun Feb 26 03:51:40 EST 2012

Benjamin Peterson <benjamin at python.org> writes:

> We're pleased to announce the immediate availability of release candidates for
> Python 2.6.8, 2.7.3, 3.1.5, and 3.2.3 .

If you're pleased to announce their immediate availability, then please
do that!

Putting “RELEASED” in the subject, when they're not released and are
instead *candidates for* release, is confusing and muddies the issue of
what you even mean by “release”.

--
 \       “Give a man a fish, and you'll feed him for a day; give him a |
  `\    religion, and he'll starve to death while praying for a fish.” |