help me get excited about python 3

Ian Kelly ian.g.kelly at gmail.com
Wed Jan 4 13:20:18 EST 2012

On Wed, Jan 4, 2012 at 8:56 AM, Sean Wolfe <ether.joe at gmail.com> wrote:
> I am still living in the 2.x world because all the things I want to do
> right now in python are in 2 (django, pygame). But I want to be
> excited about the future of the language. I understand the concept of
> needing to break backwards compatibility. But it's not particularly
> exciting to think about. What are the cool new bits I should be
> reading up on?

pygame is available for Python 3.  I've used it a small amount, and it
appears to work just fine.  There is also a fork of Django that
supports Python 2 and Python 3 in a single codebase:

https://bitbucket.org/vinay.sajip/django/

It's still experimental right now, but that doesn't mean you couldn't
try it out.  The expectation is that it will be merged for the Django
1.5 release.