Spamming PyPI with stupid packages

Ian Kelly ian.g.kelly at gmail.com
Wed Jan 4 14:28:36 EST 2012

On Wed, Jan 4, 2012 at 11:45 AM, Tony Pelletier
<tony.pelletier at gmail.com> wrote:
> That's a rather ironic comment.  Idiot.

Really?  Which part was ironic?

>> Sorry, this list does not exist for your personal entertainment.

Not this one, that's just a statement of fact.

>> Maybe you should try YouTube.

Kinda.  What I really meant here was "Maybe you should just go away",
but that is not really in opposition with what I actually said, so
it's not technically irony either, just mild understatement.

>> And no, it's not really about sexism either,

Literal statement of fact.

>> but there is no harm in the occasional educational rant.

Literal statement of opinion.

>> Kudos to Ben for fighting the good fight!

And I meant that 100%.  Also not ironic.

Oh, wait, I get it now.  Your post was ironically self-referential.  "Clever!"

By the way, take a constructive suggestion and stop top-posting.
Bottom-posting is the commonly preferred style around these parts.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Posting_style#Top-posting

Cheers [irony!],
Ian