help me get excited about python 3

Andrew Berg bahamutzero8825 at gmail.com
Wed Jan 4 17:13:58 EST 2012

On 1/4/2012 9:56 AM, Sean Wolfe wrote:
> I am still living in the 2.x world because all the things I want to do
> right now in python are in 2 (django, pygame). But I want to be
> excited about the future of the language. I understand the concept of
> needing to break backwards compatibility. But it's not particularly
> exciting to think about. What are the cool new bits I should be
> reading up on?
All the cool new language features, of course. I've only started
learning Python, so I haven't watched the "what's new" stuff for older
versions (and therefore can't pull anything off the top of my head), but
I am pretty excited for 3.3. The new exceptions, the LZMA module,
support for cp65001 in Windows...

http://docs.python.org/release/3.0.1/whatsnew/3.0.html
http://docs.python.org/release/3.1.3/whatsnew/3.1.html
http://docs.python.org/py3k/whatsnew/3.2.html
http://docs.python.org/dev/whatsnew/3.3.html

--
CPython 3.2.2 | Windows NT 6.1.7601.17640