replacing __dict__ with an OrderedDict

Ian Kelly ian.g.kelly at gmail.com
Fri Jan 6 20:24:23 EST 2012

On Fri, Jan 6, 2012 at 5:49 PM, Steven D'Aprano
> In the real world, test conflicts and dependencies are bugs in your test
> suite that should be fixed, like any other bug in code. The fact that it
> is test code that is failing is irrelevant.

I agree 100%, but none of that changes my point, which is that when
that this sort of problem arises, you need to be able to test
consistently to know that the bug is actually fixed.

> Every test should stand alone. You should be able to isolate each and
> every test and run it without the others.

Ideally, yes.  I'm talking about *unintentional* conflicts and dependencies.