An "alternative" to Learning Perl

Sean Wolfe ether.joe at gmail.com
Sun Jan 8 22:55:22 EST 2012

On Sun, Jan 8, 2012 at 8:44 PM, Sebastian Rooks
<sebastian_rooks at lavabit.c_o_m> wrote:
> Hello everyone,
>
> I was wondering if you could help me. I'm looking for a python
> introductory book, kind of like Learning Python only smaller (?!)
> The thing is, I travel to and from work each day for about 1,5h in each
> direction, and do most of my reading on the train :\
>
> (seriously)
>
> And I can't find one (just one) python book shorter than 500 pages that
> is worth its weight in salt.
>
> Anyone know of any, any at all?
>
> All suggestions welcomed!
>
> -- Sebastian
> --

kindle? ipad? tablet?
also there is python programming for the absolute beginner, which is
agreat book but it's pretty beginner. But well written. At least
Iliked it.http://www.amazon.com/Python-Programming-Absolute-Beginner-3rd/dp/1435455002
Also byte of python ... I think there's a hardcover version you can
buyhttp://www.swaroopch.com/buybook/