replacing __dict__ with an OrderedDict

Lie Ryan lie.1296 at gmail.com
Tue Jan 10 07:31:46 EST 2012

On 01/10/2012 12:16 AM, Ulrich Eckhardt wrote:
> Am 09.01.2012 13:10, schrieb Lie Ryan:
>> I was just suggesting that what the OP thinks he wants is quite
>> likely not what he actually wants.
>
> Rest assured that the OP has a rather good idea of what he wants and
> why, the latter being something you don't know, because he never
> bothered to explain it and you never asked. Please don't think he's an
> idiot just because he wants something that doesn't make sense to you.

The OP explained the "why" clearly in his first post, he wanted to see
his test results ordered in a certain way to make debugging easier, to
quote the OP:

"""
... I just want to take the first test that fails and analyse that
instead of guessing the point to start debugging from the N failed tests.
"""

and then he goes on concluding that he need to reorder the tests itself
and to replace __dict__ with OrderedDict. While it is possible to
replace __dict__ with OrderedDict and it is possible to reorder the
test, those are not his original problem, and the optimal solution to
his original problem differs from the optimal solution to what he think
he will need.

I had said this before and I'm saying it again: the problem is a test
result displaying issue, not testing order issue.