replacing __dict__ with an OrderedDict

Lie Ryan lie.1296 at gmail.com
Tue Jan 10 10:57:09 EST 2012

On 01/11/2012 01:05 AM, Roy Smith wrote:
> In article<mailman.4588.1326198152.27778.python-list at python.org>,
>   Lie Ryan<lie.1296 at gmail.com>  wrote:
>
>> On 01/10/2012 12:05 PM, Roy Smith wrote:
>>> Somewhat more seriously, let's say you wanted to do test queries against
>>> a database with 100 million records in it.  You could rebuild the
>>> database from scratch for each test, but doing so might take hours per
>>> test.  Sometimes, real life is just*so*  inconvenient.
>>
>> All serious database has rollback feature when they're available to
>> quickly revert database state in the setUp/cleanUp phase.
>
> I guess MongoDB is not a serious database?

I guess there are always those oddball cases, but if you choose MongoDB
then you already know the consequences that it couldn't be as easily
unit-tested. And in any case, it is generally a bad idea to unittest
with a database that contains 100 million items, that's for performance
testing. So your point is?