LibreOffice with Python (was: open office in another language?)

Ben Finney ben+python at benfinney.id.au
Tue Jan 10 17:29:44 EST 2012

Sean Wolfe <ether.joe at gmail.com> writes:

> I'm a somewhat-satisfied openoffice.org user.

You may know about the change of focus in recent months to LibreOffice
<URL:https://www.libreoffice.org/>. The Document Foundation is where the
majority of the project's institutional knowledge, development effort,
open collaboration, and all actual released software over the last year
now reside.

> I mean it works, but if it weren't in Java I'd be doing some of my own
> tweaking. But since it's in Java I stay away... no likey.

LibreOffice supports scripting with several languages, including Python
<URL:http://help.libreoffice.org/Common/Scripting>.

Extensions can also be written in Python, using the UNO runtime API
<URL:http://api.libreoffice.org/>.

--
 \       “Pinky, are you pondering what I'm pondering?” “Well, I think |
  `\       so, Brain, but ‘apply North Pole’ to what?” —_Pinky and The |