Newbie: Looking for code review on my first Python project.

HoneyMonster someone at someplace.invalid
Tue Jan 10 18:44:06 EST 2012

Hi,

I'm new to Python and recently completed my first project. I used
wxPython with wxGlade to generate the GUI bits.The application seems to
work well, but I am entirely self-taught, so have undoubtedly committed a
number of howlers in terms of style, design, standards, best practice and
so forth.

Is there any kind soul here who would be willing to take a look at the
code and offer comments?  The code is at:
<http://dl.dropbox.com/u/6106778/bbc.py>

Thanks