Zealotry

Chris Angelico rosuav at gmail.com
Fri Jan 13 05:51:36 EST 2012

On Fri, Jan 13, 2012 at 9:34 PM, Jean-Michel Pichavant
<jeanmichel at sequans.com> wrote:
> Recommending an OS to solve one python package installation is zealotry. At
> least, advise to use a virtual machine software to try it out, there are
> some VM softwares for free working with windows.

If I recommend Python to someone, I don't (usually) care whether he
runs it under Windows or Linux. If I recommend the use of a computer,
I don't care whether he runs it on 220V or 110V. A virtual machine
doesn't have anything to do with the issue, and "install Debian"
doesn't specify _where_. He could replace his Windows, use a
virtualizer, or buy a brand new box for it - makes no diff.

ChrisA