Problem filling an html form

MRAB python at mrabarnett.plus.com
Fri Jan 13 16:13:40 EST 2012

On 13/01/2012 20:16, Νικόλαος Κούρας wrote:
> On 13 Ιαν, 21:35, MRAB<pyt... at mrabarnett.plus.com>  wrote:
>>  On 13/01/2012 17:02, Íéêüëáïò Êïýñáò wrote:
>>
>>  >  # get some enviromental values
>>  >  form = cgi.FieldStorage()
>>  >  mail = form.getvalue('mail') or ''
>>  >  comment = form.getvalue('comment') or ''
>>
>>  >      # insert guest comments into database if form was submitted
>>  >      if '@' in mail and comment not in ("ÑùôÞóôå ìå ó÷åôéêÜ..."):
>>
>>  [snip]
>>
>>  Do you really want to look for the comment in that string instead of
>>  looking for that string in the comment?
>
> What do you mean?
>
> I just want to check that the user hasnt pressed the submit button
> leaving the default values with the input comment box.
>
> Iam not sure what you mean.

In the first part of the condition you're asking:

     '@' in mail

which is OK, but in the second part of the condition you're asking:

     comment not in ("Ρωτήστε με σχετικά...")

which I think should be:

     "Ρωτήστε με σχετικά..." not in comment

Incidentally, it looks to me like you're using Python 2, in which case
it's probably a good idea to use Unicode, so that would be:

     u"Ρωτήστε με σχετικά..." not in comment

and so forth.