understanding a program project

Richard Shea shearichard at gmail.com
Sat Jan 14 03:17:56 EST 2012

On Jan 14, 9:29 am, Tracubik <affdfsdfds... at b.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
> i hope not to be too much OT with this request.
> I'ld like to modify/contribute some open source in python, but first i've
> to read and understand the code.
> So, is there some guide lines / procedure to follow to help me in this
> process.
> I remember at school time there was some schema or something to create to
> display the interaction of different functions / modules
>
> My idea was to create a model with all the methods and arrows to link
> they...
>
> any link of post explaining some "learning procedure" or "programs
> schema" would be really appreciated

I don't know of a general answer to your question. I've seen tools
such as you're describing but they tend to be languages other than
Python (eg Java or C#).

There are tools such as :

 * Sphinx
 * EpyDoc
 * pycco

all of which will produce friendly documentation automatically but the
quality of the doco is dependent somewhat upon the amount and nature
of comments originally put into the code.

I don't think that's much help but I hope it may be some.

regards

Richard.