First python project : Tuner

Rick Johnson rantingrickjohnson at gmail.com
Tue Jan 17 15:38:27 EST 2012

On Jan 17, 1:38 pm, Ben Finney <ben+pyt... at benfinney.id.au> wrote:
> Jérôme <jer... at jolimont.fr> writes:
> > Rick Johnson a écrit:
> > > Besides, not everyone in this community is a "card carrying"
> > > pacifist.
> > ?
> You have attracted the attention of a troll.

What is worse: A wolf, or a wolf in sheep's clothing?

There is no "trolling" in my reply. A nice quip, yes. Trolling, no.
The fact remains that English is very important to Python. In fact,
English is SO important that the great Guido van Rossum himself
mentioned English explicitly in PEP8. And as we know, English is NOT
his first language!

GvR said: """Python coders from non-English speaking countries: please
write your comments in English, unless you are 120% sure that the code
will never be read by people who don't speak your language."""

GvR said: """All identifiers in the Python standard library MUST use
ASCII-only identifiers, and SHOULD use English words wherever feasible
(in many cases, abbreviations and technical terms are used which
aren't English)."""