Please don't use "setuptools", the "rotten .egg" install system.

Lele Gaifax lele at metapensiero.it
Thu Jan 19 03:56:57 EST 2012

John Nagle <nagle at animats.com> writes:

> "egg" files are usually more trouble than they're worth.

I find it really funny you say so, just after another thread where you
proved yourself unable to come up with a working Python environment
lacking an already packaged RPM of version 2.7...

I know "egg" are not standard, but these days are still the only way to
install Python-related stuff that includes precompiled stuff, be it a
Python module implemented in C, or a Pyjamas application, or simply
.mo files containing gettext translations... *without* forcing the
recipient to install all the needed "compiler chains".

I really hope the distribute2 toolset will provide such nice capability.

ciao, lele.
lele at metapensiero.it  |                 -- Fortunato Depero, 1929.