The devolution of English language and slothful c.l.p behaviors exposed!

Chris Angelico rosuav at gmail.com
Tue Jan 24 01:41:19 EST 2012

On Tue, Jan 24, 2012 at 4:57 PM, Rick Johnson
<rantingrickjohnson at gmail.com> wrote:

> Here is a grep from the month of September 2011...

Is it? Interesting. I met that month yesterday (she was shopping in
Oakleigh, don't ask) and she knew nothing about it.

Oh, did you mean "Here is the result of using the grep(1) utility on
the python-list archive from the month of September 2011"?

Strange how we all knew what you meant, despite your slightly sloppy
use of language. I wonder if the same applies to the posts you cite.

> | Wing ide can be "USED TO" develop python code for web,
> | gui, and embedded scripting applications.

Come to think of it, what's your point? That this is incorrect usage?
Or that the proximity of the words "used" and "two" must be kept to a
minimum of three? According, of course, to the ancient laws of the
Greeks and Lats (they're people who spoke Latin, of course - the more
of them you have, the greater your latitude).

All in favour, say "Aye" in Latin. All against, say "Plonk".

ChrisA
who's probably in quite a few killfiles - possibly even killfiles as
they pertain to Operations...