The devolution of English language and slothful c.l.p behaviors exposed!

Martin P. Hellwig martin.hellwig at gmail.com
Tue Jan 24 11:26:29 EST 2012

On 24/01/2012 14:51, J wrote:
> On Tue, Jan 24, 2012 at 09:05, Martin P. Hellwig
> <martin.hellwig at gmail.com>  wrote:
>> On 24/01/2012 05:57, Rick Johnson wrote:
>> <cut rant>
>> I would wish that pedantic citizens of the British colony in America stopped
>> calling whatever misinterpreted waffle they produce, English.
>
> I, sir, as a citizen of that FORMER British colony here on the
> continent of North America, am offended by this baseless insult. I
> know waffles, sir, I eat waffles and I can guarantee that no American
> calls their waffles "English".  We have English Muffins and Belgian
> Waffles, but no English Waffles.  Though I am particularly fond of
> Blueberry Waffles, myself.
>
> Which reminds me, time for breakfast.

Dear Jeff, I do applaud your impeccable taste and appreciate the
colourful description of your objections. And I rightfully accept that
you where forced to misinterpret 'waffle' so you could keep consistency
in the classification of being pedantic.

Having said that,  I do like to bring to your attention that her
Majesty, never ratified the 'Declaration of Independence'. :-)

--
mph