windows and home path

Andrea Crotti andrea.crotti.0 at gmail.com
Tue Jan 24 11:36:27 EST 2012

On 01/24/2012 04:21 PM, Jerry Hill wrote:

> windows might make the trick..
> It would not do the trick on my windows XP workstation here.  Your
> target environments may be different, of course.  From a general
> command prompt (cmd.exe) on my work machine, here's what you would
> have to work with:
>
> HOMEDRIVE=H:
> HOMEPATH=\
> HOMESHARE=\\server\share\userdirectory
> USERPROFILE=C:\Documents and Settings\username
>
> There is no HOME set here.  So, what's the right home directory for me
> on this PC?  Depending on your opinion of "right" you could end up
> with three different answers:  "H:\", "\\server\share\userdirectory",
> or "C:\Documents and Settings\username" all seem like valid candidates
> to me.  Just going by HOMEPATH isn't going to be helpful if I were to
> run your code though.

Ok thanks, my environment is a bit different, but I'm not sure about
where this
thing should actually run...
So probably the only reliable choice is USERPROFILE?
 From here I don't find any other alternatives:
http://kennethhunt.com/archives/000933.html

I just would like to be able to write somewhere in a place that should
always exist,
why Windows you're so annoying :(?