search google with python

Jerry Hill malaclypse2 at gmail.com
Wed Jan 25 11:38:52 EST 2012

On Wed, Jan 25, 2012 at 5:36 AM, Tracubik <affdfsdfdsfsd at b.com> wrote:
> thanks a lot but it say it's deprecated, is there a replacement? Anyway
> it'll useful for me to study json, thanks :)

I don't believe Google is particularly supportive of allowing
third-parties (like us) to use their search infrastructure.  All of
the search-related APIs they used to provide are slowly going away and
not being replaced, as far as I can tell.

If you just need to search images (and not Google Image Search in
particular), Bing's API appears to be supported and not about to go
away.  ( http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd900818.aspx )

You could, in theory, make requests to Google just like a web browser
and parse the resulting HTML, but that tends to be fragile and prone
to break.  I believe it also violates Google's Terms of Service.

--
Jerry