import fails in non-interactive interpreter

Jean-Michel Pichavant jeanmichel at sequans.com
Thu Jan 26 05:58:41 EST 2012

Brian wrote:
> I've been banging my head against this for the past hour, and I'm
> hoping someone here can set me straight.

[Snip]
> but, using the same same python, I'm able to import the module from
> the interactive interpreter. The PATH and PYTHONPATH environment
> variables are identical in both contexts.

Are you sure ? with python 2.5, in interactive mode '' is happened to
sys.path and is absent from it when a python file is executed.

python -c "import sys; print '' in sys.path"
True
python test.py
False

> Under what situations would a module be available to through the
> interactive interpreter but not the non-interactive?
>
> I greatly appreciate any thoughts,
> Brian

As a more general notice, if you want to be able to import paste from
everywhere, it must be properly installed as a python module.

Cheers,

JM