What happened tp scipy.stsci?

Eelco hoogendoorn.eelco at gmail.com
Thu Jan 26 18:24:52 EST 2012

On Jan 27, 12:04 am, Wanderer <wande... at dialup4less.com> wrote:
> On Jan 26, 2:56 pm, Wanderer <wande... at dialup4less.com> wrote:
>
> > On Jan 25, 1:12 pm, Wanderer <wande... at dialup4less.com> wrote:
>
> > > I found it it is in the stsci package.

> > > Yes, I guess so. I didn't realize numpy.median had an axis option.
> > > Thanks. That's one less import.
>
> > Actually numpy.median doesn't work. numpy.median does not accept axis
> > greater than 2.
>
> numpy.median does work. I had to use dstack to create my stacks.

Exactly what _stack function to use always confuses me as well :). I
prefer to use numpy.concatenate(axis=2), which does exactly the same
as dstack, but is much less confusing to me. Especially useful in
keeping hstack and vstack apart. 'horizontal' and 'vertical', what
does that even mean? One could look it up or try to think about it;
but in my opinion its much simpler to directly deal in terms of axis
numbers.