Spamming PyPI with stupid packages

Ben Finney ben+python at benfinney.id.au
Tue Jan 3 20:54:09 EST 2012

Steven D'Aprano <steve+comp.lang.python at pearwood.info> writes:

> On Wed, 04 Jan 2012 08:57:59 +1100, Ben Finney wrote:
>
> > Steven D'Aprano <steve+comp.lang.python at pearwood.info> writes:
> >
> >> The joke cuts both ways.
> >
> > The fallacy is to ignore the fact that the playing field is not
> > level.
>
> I'm not ignoring the fact of an unequal playing field. (The playing
> field is uneven in different directions in different places.)

Your “the joke cuts both ways” is of no matter, then.

> > Yes, that same joke can semantically be applied equally to men. But
> > it is disproportionately harmful to women,
>
> You're making an assumption there that I don't accept. There is no
> evidence that it is harmful to *anyone*, men or women.

It objectifies women. If you can't see how that's harmful to women, I
haven't the stamina to educate you.

--
 \           “We spend the first twelve months of our children's lives |
  `\          teaching them to walk and talk and the next twelve years |